• All salaries are paid in Kuwaiti Dinars. They tax-free.
• Contracts are initially for two years. These are subsequently renewable for one year.
• Salary is paid for 12 months beginning September of the contract year through August of that academic year.
• Accommodation is fully furnished and air-conditioned. Electricity and water are paid for by school. Internet costs in the accommodation are not covered by the school.
• Compensation will be paid to employees offering extra periods or co-curricular activities. This will be paid twice yearly.
• An annual economy class round-trip air ticket is provided.
• A baggage allowance up to KD 100 per teacher will be reimbursed upon presenting the receipts at the beginning and end of service.
• A settling-in allowance of KD 150 per teacher is paid upon arrival in Kuwait.
• The school supplies transport to work (AM, PM and a late bus home on meeting and club days)
• Annual sick leave is allocated as per Kuwait Labor law.
•KBS pays for the initial Kuwait residence stamp and Civil ID in Kuwait. Thereafter staff are liable for the 5KD renewal fee.
The school will pay up to 100KD towards the cost of visa related fees outside Kuwait, that includes photographs, police clearance, translation of documents if needed, medical check-up, Receipts are needed
• 15 days indemnity is paid at the end of the contract for each year of employment up to five years; this increases to one month after completion of five years of service. The monthly salary is based upon 26 working days.
• Private Health Insurance is provided. This includes worldwide coverage, except for U.S.A.
• The school provides training for the International Baccalaureate Primary and Middle Years Programmes as well as support for other professional development.