KBS Mission and Principles
Kuwait Bilingual School is a Pre-K to 12 non-profit English/Arabic educational institution founded to serve the Al-Jahra community.
Our mission is to develop intellectually mature and responsible learners who contribute positively to the community by empowering them to meet the demands of a rapidly changing and morally complex world.
By providing challenging educational experiences based on the world recognized IB curriculum frameworks, learners will acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to develop their full potential.
School Motto “Children of today, leaders of tomorrow.”
At Kuwait Bilingual School (KBS) we believe we are all equal, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity or position. We believe every individual matters. As members of the KBS community we are guided by, and believe that:
- Children are our community's most valuable asset.
- Everyone has the right to a safe, positive, and nurturing learning environment,
- Education is the shared responsibility of the student, family, school, the governing authority, community, and government.
- Interaction with individuals of diverse backgrounds and character teaches tolerance and appreciation for all.
- Effective education fosters ethical and moral values thus developing the whole person; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Learning how to learn provides the necessary framework for academic success throughout the students' academic and professional lives.
- Risk-taking and a willingness to change are necessary for continuous growth.
- Instruction should be engaging, inquiry-based, and differentiated.
- Assessment should be rigorous and support learning.
- Life-long learning is essential for success in a changing society.
- A commitment to local and global issues is important for the growth and development of our community.
- Promoting students' self-esteem fosters leadership attributes.