Before Coming to Kuwait
The newly hired employee should send the following:
- A clear passport photocopy
- A copy of university transcripts
- Original University Diploma, attested from his/her country's foreign affairs department or his/her country's embassy (if he/she is not living in his country). In addition it should be stamped by the Kuwait Embassy. (These will be given back to you upon arrival)
- U.S.A. citizens must have the document authenticated by the State Department. in Washington DC and then authenticated by the Kuwait Embassy in the U.S. This process takesapproximately two weeks. (This should be sent by courier service (DHL) to the school address)
After signing the contract
The school will work on getting preliminary approval from the Ministry of Education and a work permit for Kuwait. This cannot be completed until June. The work permit document will be sent to the employee in late June or early July.
- The Employee should look at the Kuwait Embassy website (or contact them by phone) in their country to find out what medical tests are needed, as well as the documents needed to obtain a work residence visa. These vary from place to place.
- USA citizens need an FBI background check, this must be on a blue form with a seal. This should be requested in March as it takes 5-6 weeks to process. Please visit: www.kuwaitembassy.us
- In all other countries the employee will need a police clearance.
Travelling To Kuwait
When the employee has completed steps 1& 2, the school will provide a one way ticket for the employee with an approximate travelling date of travelling around 12th AUGUST.
The employee will need to present the following documents at Kuwait Airport:
• The original stamped visa. Entry to the country is not allowed without it.
• The police clearance / FBI background check, attested by the Kuwait embassy.
The school will arrange for residence visa, work permit & final approval from the Kuwait Ministry of Education.
The school will also then compensate the employee with KD 100 (approximately US $ 330) for expenses paid to get the visa stamped by Kuwait Embassy and other requirements.
The school will arrange for another medical checkup & finger printing during the first week or so in Kuwait, as required by law. The school covers all visa expenses in Kuwait.